Sunday, November 18, 2007

Forget Thanks!

What happened to THANKSGIVING? I know the Christmas rush seems to get earlier every year; but what the heck? We have had neighbors with Christmas trees up since the weekend of Halloween. Not only that, the TV is flooded with commercials counting down the 25 days til Christmas and it's not even Dec 1st yet. Did we skip Thanksgiving and go right from Halloween directly to Christmas "without passing go, and without collecting $200"? I really enjoy Thanksgiving because it is a time of reflection on what really matters in life. It makes us stop our hectic lives, even if just for a few moments, and focus on our families and appreciate what we DO have. Unlike Christmas, Thanksgiving isn't about "giving", of material things anyways. It's like Christmas but without all the gifts. It is about getting family together and enjoying good food. I don't know about you, but I am pertubed that Thanksgiving doesn't get more attention, the general focus is Halloween (aka:candy) and Christmas (aka: give me, give me more)!!!!

No comments: