Monday, April 16, 2012

O The Adventures!







Been very busy this past year......new hobby ( aka: addiction) called Letterboxing. Last April, my husband was going through the bookmarked websites he had and came across LBNA website and had me check it out. Then he had me read all about letterboxing on Atlasquest.com. We decided to create an account...what the heck, it is free.....and the adventures began. We have hiked who knows how many miles in 5 out of the 6 New England states. Mostly NH, of course, since that is where we live, but we have gone to parts of our own state that we have never been before. Last summer was the first time I had ever been to Pittsburg, NH, and saw my first moose!!!! I was soo excited I almost ran off the road! It is like a great big treasure hunt - letterboxing - that is. Some of the stamps people have carved to go in these tupperware containers are just amazing. But the fact that I am getting out hiking, something my hubby and I can enjoy together and not even realize how much I am hiking because I am so distracted by hunting for letterboxes.....it is just awesome....My children are either out of the house, almost out of the house or old enough he doesn't want to hang with mom and dad anymore....so this is perfect. It is helping take the edge off of the nearing "empty nest syndrome" and allowing my husband and I to spend some quality time together. We have also met some really awesome people that we would have never met if it hadn't been for this crazy letterboxing business! We just spent a fabulous weekend in Vermont with a couple who's trail names are Tiggermama and Mr. Umbrella. My husband is Bubbaloo Magoo and I am Betty Boop3.







Happy Trails!

No comments: