Friday, April 20, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things.....

Spring has sprung here in NH!! We had such a mild winter this year and we definately need rain; but depsite that, the plants in our yard are just stunning. And best of all, the deer haven't eaten my tulips for the first time!

This primrose is one of my favorites and has done so well! I selected this a few years ago after reading that it does well in poor, wet soil. It is true. The area that I planted this is a shady, wet, clay area of our yard. I don't have to do any maintenance and every spring it has just been a beauty







Another favorite .......Vinca minor, it makes such a lovely ground cover and no maintenance required.




.



Apple Blossom - Maybe this year we will have apples!!

ground phlox - another early spring beauty that makes me smile!
The birds are fun to watch, we have several feeders and each year it is like Christmas to me when the birds return. The robins, cardinals, gold finches, woodpeckers, nuthatches, black-capped chickadees.....are just a few of the birds we see daily. I am waiting for the first sight of the Baltimore Orioles and Ruby-throated hummingbirds.....it's only a matter of time and we should see them return too. Oh, I cannot forget the wrens that return every year to build a nest in our bird house.......

I LOVE SPRING!

No comments: