Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Happy Mother's Day

 It's been 15 years now since I last got to have my mom with me on Mother's Day and that last one was rough. She was declining rapidly health wise and passed away just a few weeks later.

I owe it to my mom for my love of gardening and bird watching. It was when she was sick that I started tending her flower gardens.  I think she would be very pleased with my rose garden project.

I spent this past weekend, including Mother's Day, working on the garden. I'm making progress but of course...there is still way more to go. 

I've got all the bare root roses planted at least and more roses should be shipping this week. 

A couple pics of my progress so far. The white plastic is my pond; I covered for now so water and debris doesn't get in there before I'm ready to officially set it up!

Of course, I had hand scketched a plan of the garden but have made changes (multiple times) as I have progressed....realizing in the process I may have been over zealous in the quantity of roses I ordered....I am barely going to fit them but I believe I can get all of them in there...32 rose bushes total (30 different kinds).

Can't wait to see which one blooms first!!

Front view of the garden. This will be the entrance....have blueberry bushes and rhubarb here; I also decided to put one rose bush on either side out here due to space and how many roses I purchased. 

White plastic is the pond. This is also where I plan to add fairy houses and such...as well as some roses...of course!

No comments: